lunedì 11 marzo 2019

I like trekking, but...




La chiesa di Fiano - Torino - Piemonte - Italia
The church in Fiano - Turin - Piedmont - Italy 


I like walking, trekking. It is a passion  of mine. I like visiting places on foot, but it is not so nice when it is winter and cold, and the car is broken.

On February 5th I had another meeting. I knew that the town I had to go, Fiano (about 35 km from Turin) was not easily reachable with public transportation. I didn't know, however, I had to walk for about four km through the park, Parco La Mandria,to reach my destination. This is a huge park located in the suburbs of Turin.

So I walked through the park on a tree-lined road. There was nothing around, only trees without leaves. I saw a wild boar piglet. I tried to take a picture, but it ran away quickly. Thanks God it was behind a fence!
When I saw this wild animal I thought of turning back, but I decided to keep on walking even I was a little bit scared. I made it to the meeting.

Another day... another experience. That's life.

Add a comment below...


Il  lungo viale all'interno del parco La Mandria - Fiano - Torino - Italia
The tree-lined road in the park La Mandria - Fiano - Turin - Italy 


Adoro fare trekking e le passeggiate è un'altra delle mie tante passioni, ma quando è inverno e la macchina è rotta non è proprio l' ideale.

Il 5 febbraio avevo un altro impegno in un paese, Fiano (circa 35 km da  Torino), un altro di quei luoghi che non sono facilmente raggiungibili con i mezzi pubblici. Dopo un viaggio di 45 minuti dal centro di Torino ho camminato per circa quattro km nel Parco La Mandria.

Il vialletto all'interno del parco era abbastanza inquietante in quanto c'erano solo alberi sfogli e probabilmente animali selvatici che, per fortuna si trovavano dietro le recinzioni. Ad un certo punto è spuntato un cucciolo di cinghiale e non so chi dei due era più spaventato. Entrambi abbiamo preso strade diverse. Avrei voluto fargli una foto, ma era già scappato.

Dopo quell'incontro ho pensato di tornare indietro e di cancellare l'appuntamento, ma alla fine mi sono fatta coraggio, ci sono andata e dopo un paio di ore ero di ritorno a casa sana e salva.


La montagna nelle valli di Lanzo - Torino - Piemonte - Italia
The mountain in the Lanzo Valley - Torino - Piedmont - Italy 


3 commenti:

  1. Beautiful photos from your trek. That's incredible your encounter with the wild boar piglet. I think I would have turned around or at least walk very fast to my destination. Glad the boar didn't bother you.
    Have a wonderful weekend, Samantha.

    RispondiElimina
  2. Oh well done Samantha, you overcame your fear and got to your destination safely. It would have been so easy to turn back but you were very brave 💙

    RispondiElimina